Owning an iPhone 5 is just about the bee’s knees for anyone these days. With the numerous amounts of apps and features one can do with it, there is not really much wanting from such a very popular phone. That said, there are lots of people out there that have been going on with a new way to have their iPhone 5 to be used- unlocking. Though some may find the term somehow shady and even dangerous for the phone, it is actually safe and legal to unlock iPhone 5 and other models of the iPhone.
Factory unlocking iPhone 5 does have its advantages:
- It’s simple. The user only needs to provide the IMEI number printed on the device.
- It won’t void your Apple Care warranty
- It will unlock any iPhone model, guaranteed or your money back
- It provides a permanent unlock for the iPhone 5 by using your IMEI number
- It doesn’t require you to first jailbreak iPhone 5, as other unwarranted software systems do
- It GREATLY enhances the resale value of the phone
What the fuss is all about
So just what is an unlocking? It is the giving of the user the freedom to choose cell phone carrier companies by allowing the phone to change sim cards. One may be aware, that in countries like USA, some companies like AT&T has all the rights for iPhones. Because of this, people tend to shy away from getting such phones since sometimes they might not agree with such a carrier’s payment terms. Because of this, to unlock iPhone 5 models and other iPhones may be the best solution for them.
The great reasons why unlocking would be useful
Though many will claim that it is just a waste of time and that it really is not much of a good move for iPhone users, they might want to change their minds after they find out that they could really save up on a lot of expenses if they only decide to unlock iPhone 5 at&t/tmobile/sprint/verizon and its similar models. Here are a few of the greatest perks it could bring:
- Save lots of money on contracts – When a jailbreak iPhone 5 is in use, an owner could really notice the difference it makes during the whole time just by looking at the expenses for the phone. There would not really be much of a problem for them as they can now choose a cheaper phone plan just by changing sims.
- Business buddy – Gone will be the days when one needs to go ahead and buy some disposable phone whenever in another country. Back then, people would need other phones since the iPhones would not accept other sim cards due to being locked. With an unlocked iPhone 5, you can simply use it anytime, anywhere on any network like at&t, spring, orange, verizon, O2, Telenor and more! If you are a businessman, it would greatly benefit you to unlock your iPhone 5. Since the iPhone may be your primary phone when dealing with business matters, you would need to have a flexible phone. There may be a time where you’d need to switch networks – doing so is now possible with an unlocked iPhone 5. You don’t need to worry about being left out anymore!
- Making the iPhone available for “unsupported carriers”- Back then, the iPhone can only be used by certain carriers of any particular country. No one could really use them with other such carriers except the carriers they were contracted to. But with the unlocking feature, you can use your iPhone 5 no matter where you are or where you bought it. You can buy the iPhone in the US and fly all the way to China and STILL be able to use the phone. That is only possible if you unlock your iPhone!
The demand for unlocking an iPhone has soared greatly because people realized that they can truly save more money if they buy an iPhone in a different country with cheaper prices. Now, people sometimes buy iPhones in countries with cheaper prices and then have them shipped to wherever they are. They then proceed to have it unlocked – and voila; the iPhone is now working!
Making it a very great companion
Back then, Apple phones were not really seen as very flexible phones. But with an unlock iPhone 5, minds will change. Why? The answer is quite simple: An unlocked iPhone 5 is very flexible. You can use it in various instances without having to worry about your network carrier. You never know what may happen – especially nowadays where emergency situations are more common.
An unlocked iPhone 5 is a much better device than a locked one. The restrictions of a locked iPhone are just too much. You spend a lot of money on an iPhone and yet you don’t make the most out of it? Unlocking your iPhone 5 is a no-brainer!
Freedom of apps after unlocking it
With the unlocking from a specific carrier, the iPhone can download and install other kinds of apps that were once not available. This goes hand in hand with jailbreaking your iPhone 5. It is not usually a necessary part of unlocking, but it can be done if you want it to.
Reasons To Unlock The iPhone 5/5S/5C
There are a variety of good reasons to want the freedom unlocking iPhone 5 provides. With an open phone, users can:
- Test-drive various providers and shop for the best price before settling on one.
- Change providers and avoid data fees and roaming charges while overseas. Unlocked phones can accept pre-paid SIM cards that could benefit the budget of international travelers.
- Sell the used iPhone 5 with the unlocked status as an added benefit for the buyer
- The process has been deemed legal by the U.S. government, which in July 2010 issued new rules permitting unlocking as well as jailbreaking iPhones, provided the process doesn’t break standard copyright law.
No need to worry about much
Though there are lots of people out there that would not really think of unlocking an iPhone 5, it still proves to be one rewarding and satisfying decision to make for such a great phone. You won’t go wrong with having your iPhone 5 unlocked. There are thousands of people around the globe that has already done it and are happy with their decision!
It is an excellent move as an iPhone user. You will be able to maximize the full potential of your phone if you have it unlocked, and better yet, jailbreaked as well. You will realize just how great your iPhone 5 is once you have it unlocked.
So what else are you waiting for? Have it unlocked now and be amazed of what your device is actually capable of after you unlock iPhone 5 from a reputable source such as the one we recommend to our readers!